When Working for Free Can Work for You
It was an honor to be able to write for Millo.co this month for their outstanding freelancer blog! You can view the entire article here!
Working for free can be a huge benefit to your business if it’s done in the right circumstances.
You should always weigh the benefits with the time and effort you would be putting into the project. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself before committing to free work.
1. Will it help promote my business in a way that will eventually lead to paying clients?
2. Will it lead to paying jobs with the same client in the future?
3. Will I gain recognition?
4. Will I gain a valuable testimony that I can use for promotion?
5. Will it be a worthy portfolio piece that’s unlike anything I already have?
6. Am I the only one getting this opportunity, or is it open to the public?